About South King County Cultural Coalition - SoCoCulture
Founded in 2004
In March 2004, King County Council member Julia Patterson hosted a community luncheon to discuss the artistic and cultural vitality of South King County. Out of this the South King County Cultural Coalition, better known as SoCoCulture, was born. Some 70 groups have joined forces to promote and preserve arts and heritage in the vibrant communities south of Seattle.
SoCo’s key projects include providing advocacy, collaborative marketing, and professional development opportunities for our members.
Become a member
The coalition is open to all arts, heritage, and other cultural organizations that present, produce, preserve or propel culture in South King County, including theatre, music, dance, literary, heritage, botanical and visual arts organizations. Government and education agencies are also eligible.
Check the calendar for specific dates, times, places and speakers in January, March, May, September and November. We meet at different cultural venues throughout South King County and feature guest speakers on various topics. For more information e-mail email@example.com
Our cultural association consists of dance, heritage, literary, music, theatre, municipal, botanical, educational and visual arts organizations located in Auburn, Black Diamond, Burien, Des Moines, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Kent, Maple Valley, Normandy Park, Renton, SeaTac and Tukwila, Washington. Click on the names below to read about each member. You can join the coalition online or by mail.
On Home page
- Arts Commissions – photo courtesy of Des Moines Arts Commission
- Botanical – Highline Garden Tour participant, photo by Barbara McMichael
- Dance – photo courtesy of Allegro Performing Arts Academy
- Heritage – photo of Keith Sekura by Moira Lane, courtesy of the White River Valley Museum
- Literary – Espial staff at Green River College, photo by Barbara McMichael
- Music – Global Connections High School trumpet choir, photo by Barbara McMichael
- Organizations – photo courtesy of Federal Way Coalition for the Performing Arts
- Theatre – photo courtesy of Rosebud Children’s Theatre Conservatory
- Visual Arts – Work by artist Debbie Bianchi, photo courtesy of Burien Arts Association
On About SoCo page
- 4Culture executive director Jim Kelly and SoCoCulture founding chair Linda Petersen, photo by Barbara McMichael