Greater Kent Historical Society and Kent Museum
Application deadline: 3/5/2021, 5 PM
The Greater Kent Historical Society and Kent Museum has a part-time administrative position (20-30 hours per week) for a responsible, organized, independent, self-starter.
The Administrative Office Assistant for the Greater Kent Historical Society would be responsible for supporting, organizing, and coordinating daily operational and administrative activities on behalf of the President and the Board of Directors. This position reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Email management
- Phone management
- Membership management
- IT systems management
- Data Base entry and maintenance
- Maintain Board of Director minutes and other board correspondence.
- Send out Zoom invitations, make sure all reports are forwarded to board members.
- Filing, typing, scanning
- Newsletter production and distribution
- Supply inventory
- Maintain Facebook messages
- Other office duties as assigned.
- Strong communication skills: writing, over the phone, and in person
- Strong time-management and people skills
- Flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in software and cloud platforms, including, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Google Workspace, Facebook and Zoom
- Willingness to learn and update systems.
- General IT and troubleshooting skills.
- Office management experience
- Excellent organizational skills, including documenting procedures.
- Administrative work experience
- Aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Willingness to learn Past Perfect.
- Typing requirement is 50 wpm.
- Experience with Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube
Salary: $18-$20 per hour, depending upon experience
Hours: 20 – 30 hours per week
Submit resume by email or postal service.
Resume must be received by March 5, 2021, 5 PM
Two references or letters of recommendation.
Background check required.
Interviews March 8 – 12
Position begins Monday, March 15, 2021.