Federal Way Arts Commission
Submission date: 9/11/2019, 3-5 PM
The Arts Alive Juried Art Exhibition is a program designed to give regional artists an opportunity to display their works at Federal Way City Hall Gallery, 33325 8th Avenue S, Federal Way. Artists working with a wide range of media are encouraged to participate. Artists may enter a total of two pieces of artwork for this exhibition. There is a $5 entry fee per piece of art. This exhibition is professionally judged.
- 1. Each artist may submit two entries. All media will be considered with the exception of video and wearable art. There is a $5 entry fee per piece of art. Checks are payable to the City of Federal Way.
- All must be original work, not completed under an instructor’s guidance, and not previously exhibited at Federal Way City Hall or more than two juried shows in the boundaries of the show area.
- Paintings and two-dimensional work must be suitably wired for hanging. (D-ring recommended). All flat artwork may not exceed 36″ by 30″, including frame. The acceptance of artwork is at the discretion of the jurors and the City of Federal Way Arts Commission. No three-dimensional artwork will be accepted at this time.
- All paint and varnish must be dry.
- Entry blanks must be filled out in full and attached to the back of the artwork.
- Work selected for the competition must remain in the exhibition until it closes.
- Artists are responsible for transportation of artwork to and from Federal Way City Hall.
- Every precaution will be taken to see that no damage or theft occurs to the entries. Each artist will be required to sign a Loaned Art Agreement with the City of Federal Way before the artwork is accepted. Artist’s submission of any piece implies acceptance and terms of the agreement
There will be three exhibition awards.
Entries will be accepted at Federal Way City Hall from 3-5 PM on Wednesday, September 11.
The Arts Alive exhibition will be on display in City Hall for public viewing beginning Thursday, September 12 through the end of the year. An Arts Harvest Reception will be held to honor participating artists on Tuesday October 15, 6:30 PM. Artwork must be picked up from City Hall on Thursday, January 2, 4-5:30 PM.
For questions or to obtain an entry form, call 253-835-6928 or visit www.cityoffederalway.com/artscommission