ArtsEd Washington enthusiastically welcomes inquiries from mission-driven individuals interested in joining a working board. It is now time to re-imagine our future and determine how we can best advance arts education in our ever-changing world.
ArtsEd Washington’s volunteer board can better reflect the range of students we serve and to add the skills and perspectives required to serve them well. Board diversity is crucial to our success, including but not limited to race, gender identity, age, geography, socioeconomic status, and profession. Board diversity is crucial to our success, including but not limited to race, gender identity, age, geography, socioeconomic status, and profession.
If you are considering applying to be an ArtsEd Washington board member, we are looking for candidates who believe including the arts is vital to the basic education of Washington students, value and demonstrate cultural competence, and enjoy the challenges of stabilizing, re-imagining and growing a small organization.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas: nonprofit finance and accounting, fundraising, marketing and communications, human resources, community engagement, government relations, board governance.
The general duties of the ArtsEd Washington board are to:
- Determine the mission and purposes of the organization
- Select and support the executive director and evaluate that leader’s performance
- Ensure effective planning by the organization
- Monitor and strengthen the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure adequate financial resources for the organization
- Protect the organization’s assets and provide proper financial oversight
- Enhance the organization’s public standing
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity in conducting board business
- Periodically evaluate its own performance
To learn more about this opportunity to make a positive difference for children across our state, please contact Michael Sandner, President of the Board, at email@example.com.