City of Federal Way
Application deadline: 4/3/2017, 4 PM
The City of Federal Way Arts Commission in partnership with the Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden (RSBG) and the Pacific Bonsai Museum announces a Call for Artists for the annual event Blue Poppy Day – Art in Bloom to be held on Saturday, May 20, 2017 from 10 AM – 4 PM at RSBG. The City, RSBG and the Pacific Bonsai Museum will promote the event and feature select artist information on their websites.
Selected artists will pay a $25 fee to participate in the show. Artists are encouraged to sell artwork and keep 100% of their sales. Sales are handled privately between the artist and the buyer by accepting their preferred method(s) of payment and delivering sold works to their buyers. Note – there is no access to electricity. The City of Federal Way, RSBG and the Pacific Bonsai Museum do not provide insurance coverage for work exhibited. Work is shown at the artist’s own risk.
The goal of Blue Poppy Day – Art in Bloom is to celebrate the mystical Himalayan Blue Poppy, Meconopsis, and the world of art.
Each year a Featured Artist for the following year’s event is selected from the artists exhibiting during Blue Poppy Day – Art in Bloom. The artist’s work must include Blue Poppies or the artist must be willing to create a piece showcasing the Blue Poppy. The Featured Artist for 2017 is Nirvan Hope. The Featured Artist will receive the following:
- ? Premier placement at Blue Poppy Day – Art in Bloom
- ? Bragging rights as the Featured Artist
- ? Artwork will be used in all promotional collateral for the event including print,social media, website, etc.
- ? One year membership in RSBG
- ? Gallery space at Knutzen Family Theatre located at Dumas Bay Centre for approximately 4 months (exhibit date to be mutually agreed upon with artist and Federal Way Arts Commission)
Find the application form here: callforartists_2017