The COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund provides rapid response grants supporting critical needs of artists whose livelihoods have been impacted by COVID-19.
With events, performances, and conferences across the country canceled, the hospitality industry closure, growing travel restrictions, significant health threats, cross-sector lay-offs, and social distancing recommendations, Washington State artists are facing severe career disruption and loss.
These unrestricted cash grants are intended to support working artists with:
- Lost wages and earnings;
- Loss from event, performance, and conference cancellations and school / community-based education closures;
- Reimbursement for travel loss;
- Medical expenses;
- Rent and mortgage payments, food, utilities, and other living expenses.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and selected weekly. Grants range from $500-$5,000 based on artists’ needs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund is open to individual artists of all disciplines residing in Washington State.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• 18 years of age or older;
• Washington State residents at the time of application and payment;
• Individual artists of any discipline (Curators, organizers, and producers are not eligible).
APPLICANTS MUST NOT BE:
• Graduate or undergraduate matriculated students enrolled in any degree program;
• Applying on behalf of a company, nonprofit, organization, community group, ensembles, or collective;
• Current Artist Trust staff, Board of Trustees, honorary committee, consultants, contractors, or their immediate family.
For more information, visit https://artisttrust.submittable.com/submit