SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
This is a 30 hour/week, salaried position. The Development Manager will be responsible for raising funds to support SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve’s land acquisition efforts, operations, and programs. This includes grant writing and research, content creation for SHADOW’s website and newsletter, running an annual campaign, and planning an annual fundraising event. The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver, has high emotional intelligence, a passion for environmental conservation, and works well in a fast-paced environment.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule
• 30 hours/week
• $30,000 – $35,000 (Based on experience)
• Monthly Healthcare Stipend (after 90 days)
• 1-week paid vacation annually. 1-week of paid sick leave.
• SHADOW is closed to the public during last two weeks in December and first week of January, so SHADOW staff are paid for 50 weeks/year.
• SHADOW’s Office is open Tuesday – Saturday. Some additional weekend and evening hours will be required with ample notice.
• Work in a calm, natural, peaceful setting at the 109-acre Nature Preserve.
• Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation with current insurance are required. Position involves some local travel. Reimbursement is available for work related travel and parking expenses.
Location: SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve office is located at 21656 184th Ave SE, Renton, WA 98058.
To be considered, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume in Word or PDF format.
Subject: Development Manager
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SHADOW is an equal opportunity employer. Criminal background screening and successful past employer reference checks will be conducted. SHADOW is an ‘at will’ employer.