Maple Valley Creative Arts Council
Dates: Fall Session #1 – Fridays from September 20 – October 25
Fall Session #2 – Fridays from November 8 – December 13
Join MVCAC Executive Director, artist, and three-time Arts Fest award winner Brenda Chrystie where you’ll work from live models, still life, and your photographs.
Register before at least two weeks before each session begins in order to receive a discount. Also, special discounts for MVCAC members! (Hint: MVCAC membership is only $25 for 12 months.) Otherwise, classes are $35 each after registration closes for each session. (There will be no class on 10/4, so Fall Session #1 will be offered at a discount.)
Fees include model fees, easels, facility and instruction only. Instruction will be very casual and on an as-needed or requested basis.
Here are supplies to have in mind:
– Oil and/or chalk pastels;
– Assorted drawing pencils and erasers;
– Charcoal, chamois, stumps, etc.;
– Watercolors, acrylics, oils (w/non-smelly thinners) – your choice;
– Container for your supplies and others for water, thinner, etc.; and
– Assorted paper (newsprint, rag, etc.), and painting substrate pertinent to your choice of painting medium and style.
Class time will include quick gesture, value and color studies followed by painting.
The Maple Valley Creative Arts Center is located at 23220 Maple Valley-Black Diamond Road SE, Suite 15 (around in back), Maple Valley. For more information and to register, visit http://www.maplevalleyarts.com/