- This event has passed.
KCLS Online Program – Lentils, Beans and Other Veggie Delights – Cooking with Amanda
May 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Friday, repeating until May 29, 2020
Are you stuck at home without cooking skills? Are you wondering what to do with all the lentils and beans you bought to stock up? Our cooking series continues, with additional ingredients! Join Amanda Strombom, president of Vegetarians of Washington, to learn some simple recipes for using these protein powerhouses and other vegetarian options.
On five Friday afternoons, Amanda will cook in her own kitchen, using ingredients you are likely to have on hand. You can cook along, or just watch!
- Friday, May 1, 5pm-Mediterranean chickpea stew with quinoa
- Friday, May 8, 5pm-Marinated tofu with kale and peanut sauce
- Friday, May 15, 5pm-White bean “cheesy” quesadillas with crudities
- Friday, May 22, 5pm-Breakfast tofu scramble and tempeh bacon
- Friday, May 29, 5pm-Lentil edamame salad and vegan Caesar salad
Carrie at email@example.com or Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
All ages welcome. Please register online at KCLS.org by 5 PM the day before the event. The Zoom link will be sent to you by email the day of the event.