Project Paint By Tunnels – community mural art
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Our vision: To build an annual community-based arts event where murals designed by artists and non-artists alike are painted in part by event goers in each of the five tunnels on the Cedar to Green Rivers Trail that runs through Maple Valley, Washington.
Picture a day when members of the community and visitors walk the trail, meet and talk with artists, pick up a numbered cup of paint and paint a section of a mural. Groups of teens stop for a selfie–or three. Local musicians are performing nearby. Food trucks, booths representing local businesses, face painters, and more performers are at the trail access points along the way. The following year, new designs are curated, selected and created in not one, but FIVE tunnels, attracting out-of-town guests and business to our community.
- Add fun, colorful, collaboratively created murals to the Cedar to Green Rivers Trail;
- Encourage use of the trail that runs through Maple Valley;
- Showcase local arts organizations and businesses in Maple Valley;
- Highlight collaboration in the community; and
- Bring the community together via public art.
The tunnel that will be painted on this day is a short walk down the trail from the Maple Valley Creative Arts Center.To participate in helping to paint the tunnel, contact Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org