- This event has passed.
SoCoCulture Membership Meeting – Technology for Cultural Orgs During Lockdowns
January 13 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
We’re very excited to have you meet Donavan Skaggs with Silent Knight Productions, Freelance Creative Services in Auburn – he’s also the technical director for the Harmony Kings of Federal Way. And with all of that expertise, he will help us think about how to overcome obstacles, expand access, and explore new opportunities while traditional rehearsals and performances aren’t possible.
In Don’s presentation, you’ll learn about:
- Historical resistance to technology in Culture and The Arts
- Larger impacts of lockdowns on The Arts and traditional delivery
- Creative uses of technology to advance Culture during the pandemic
- Challenges of new technologies for delivery of The Arts and Culture
- New opportunities for artists arising from the “new normal” way of life
- Open discussion for sharing and developing new ideas
We’re also very pleased to have two additional guests on hand:
- Manny Cawaling, executive director of Inspire Washington, will be on hand to discuss cultural funding and other issues that will be taken up during the state legislative session and at the national level, too.
- Eldon Tam, 4Culture’s Building for Equity Project Manager, who will be giving you insight into 4C’s Building for Equity: Cultural Facilities grant that is open right now.
This meeting will run an hour and a half to two hours long.
Please plan to take part in this Zoom meeting! Contact Barbara at email@example.com by the end of the day on January 12 if you need the access info.
We’re so grateful to the City of Des Moines and Des Moines Arts Commission for hosting this meeting for us. We’ll be sending along the meeting link to our members in the first week of the new year – watch for it!