Federal Way Arts Commission
Application deadline: 11/30/2017
The City of Federal Way Arts Commission is accepting applications for the 2018 Gallery Program. A Committee of the Arts Commission will select artists and determine gallery location for 2018 shows.
There are two locations:
• City Hall Gallery is located at 33325 8th Avenue S in Federal Way. The exhibit area consists of two walls. This area of approximately 79? of wall space. There is space for 12–20 art works. Exhibits are displayed in the City Hall Gallery show for approximately eight weeks. The building is open Monday–Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
• Knutzen Family Theatre Gallery is located at 3200 SW Dash Point Road in Federal Way. The exhibit area consists of one wall approximately 53? with panels for hanging art. There is space for 10–15 art works. Exhibits in the Knutzen Theatre Gallery show for approximately twelve weeks. The building is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM and evenings and weekends when events are scheduled in the theatre.
For this program, all work to be shown must be original or reproduction, recent work (within the last two years), not completed under an instructor’s guidance, and not previously exhibited at City Hall. The exhibit areas have been designed for two-dimensional hanging works. Artists are encouraged to sell artworks. However, sales are handled privately between the artist and the buyer. The City will provide an exhibit tag for each artwork that lists the artist’s name, price of the artwork and contact information of the artist. There is no commission for any sales that occur as a result of the exhibit. All work must remain on display for the duration of the show. Artists will receive an honorarium upon the departure of the exhibit of $250. The artist is responsible for transporting their work, and assisting the Arts Commission with the installation and de-installation of the exhibit. Prior to the show the artist is required to sign a Loaned Art agreement and submit a list of art works and their value. A city staff and arts commissioner may arrange for a site visit with selected artist prior to the show to discuss the proposed work. The Arts Commission reserves the right to suggest or require adjustments to an exhibit after it has been hung.
To apply for this program, please submit the following materials by November 30, 2017 for selection at December meeting.
• The artist application form
• A copy of your resume detailing any visual arts training and/or education and exhibition history.
• An artist biography for media release (only to be used if work is accepted).
• 8 digital photos on a CD with accompanying information.
Artists will be notified in December about the status of the exhibit entry.
For more information about this program, please contact Bo Du at 253-835-6928 or email@example.com