Maple Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra
Application deadline: 1/25/2021, 5 PM
The Maple Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra has an immediate opening for a creative, resourceful, optimistic, and action-oriented person to be our next Executive Director. Come work for a well-established and growing Non-Profit organization based in Maple Valley, WA that offers its employees flexibility, opportunities to advance their creativity, and an opportunity to work with other fun and talented people.
Maple Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra is a unique 501c3 non-profit music education program dedicated to helping students excel musically, connect socially, and grow personally. Maple Valley Youth Symphony has a 13+ year established history in our community and is known for being an integral part of our community, and for providing our students a safe and fun environment in which to grow their musical and personal skills.
• Our unique approach to music education helps change lives.
• We believe that music is for everyone. We have programs for students of every playing level and a music therapy-based program for students with special needs.
• Manage a team of conductors, coaches, music therapist, and administrative staff
• Fiscal management including, but not limited to creating and managing annual budget, some bookkeeping, and fiscal reporting.
• Fundraising and grant writing.
• Event planning (concerts, fundraising events, community events)
• Assist and support programs team
• Maintain positive relationships with community leaders, donors, audience, etc.
• Experience with non-profit organizations, including familiarity with non-profit fiscal management and compliance issues, and working with a Board of Directors
• Experience working with youth
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Ability to network with other area businesses, students, staff, families, donors, grantors, audience members, and community leaders and partners.
• Track record of successful fundraising
• Experience creating and managing operational budgets
• Event planning
More Information: www.mvyso.org