Maple Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra
Our studentts will be divided into 3 playing groups. They will be sorted according to playing experience on registration along with other factors including, but not limited to, private lessons, music reading ability, etc. We will error on the side of placing the student in a group that might be too easy. If the student feels their group placement is too easy or too difficult, they will have the opportunity to look at the music for a different group and decide to move up or down on either early music pick up day on August 2 or on the first day of camp. All students will also have smaller group coaching. *The group listings below are only guidelines.
To read staff bios, CLICK HERE
- Group 1 – 4 + years playing experience* – Naomi Fanshier, Conductor
- Group 2 – Winds (1 school year) strings 3+ years experience *– Janice Halstead, Conductor
- Group 3 – Strings Only 1 school year – 3 years experience* – Cherlyn Johnson, Conductor
*Not sure which musical group you’ll belong in at camp? Bring your instrument to our “Sorting Day” on August 2, 2019 at Kentlake High School!
- $125 for full week of camp. Includes camp t-shirt!
- $5 per day optional lunch available for 4th grade and up camp only
Camp and Concert will be held at Kentlake High School, 21401 SE 300th Street, Kent.