Seattle Central College
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6/28 – 7/21/2022, 6-9 PM
Over the next year, the U.S. will be accepting 100,000 refugees from the war in Ukraine. Trained interpreters are needed. This introductory class will provide an intensive interactive learning experience to support fluent speakers of English and Ukrainian to become professional interpreters in healthcare and social service settings.
Taught by nationally recognized interpreter instructor Cindy Roat, with support form Ukrainian language coaches.
In this class, learn about:
- The purpose and role of an interpreter in health and human service settings
- Interpreter ethnics and protocols
- Accuracy in consecutive interpreting
- Basic medical and social service terminology
- Preparation for the DSHS Interpreter Authorization test
Learn more and register at ce.seattlecentral.edu/k