City of SeaTac
Open until filled
The City of SeaTac invites its residents and business owners of diverse backgrounds to apply to participate in the city’s Arts Culture & Library Advisory Committee (ACLAC).
ACLAC acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council with the following purposes:
- Makes recommendations pertaining to art and culture to the community and creating a bridge between the SeaTac community and the Valley View Library;
- Informs the City Council in matters of the arts, culture and library related activities and programs;
- Represents the interest of the community pertaining to the arts, culture and library;
- Develops cooperation with schools, local, regional, state and national art and cultural related organizations;
- Solicits grants and resources to enhance and promote related programs;
- Advocates for increased access and consciousness to art, culture and library programs;
- Facilitates community dialogue and education on issues including literacy, diversity and intellectual freedom;
- Establishes and administers an Arts and Cultural Master Plan; and
- Works with King County 4Culture Grant program for funding sources.
Individuals from all backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply, including youth ages 16-18 who are SeaTac students and residents. Accommodations may be available upon request for individuals with disabilities and language access needs – contact the City Clerk at email@example.com or 206-973-4661.
The Mayor appoints, and the City Council confirms, all ACLAC members. Seven people serve on the ACLAC Committee at any one time, and term of service is three years.
To apply, click here.