Renton Regional Community Foundation
Application deadline: 9/22/2021
The Renton Regional Community Foundation (RRCF) is using some extra funds we received earlier this year to launch a special project that will highlight what is happening in South King County as we “recover”, continue to adapt, etc. Some of the ideas/purpose around this project include:
- Highlight and document what is happening in South King County through stories, complemented by data.
- How have people have gotten through this year/1.5 years caring for each other?
- How they see themselves moving forward – (what doing differently, what do they reimagine, what is in motion).
- Lift up the effects of systemic racism in the inequitable outcomes and experiences of the pandemic.
- What is the story of the communities of SKC? Commonalities/differences?
Of course it is critical that we get community input into this project (we don’t want this to be an RRCF directed project!). We are looking for 10 community-based leaders representing the breadth of South King County to participate. It will include:
- 2-3 sessions in the fall; another two sessions in winter 2022. (There will be an option for up to 4 people to participate in one or two other sessions as we hone the creative ideas)
- Stipend for participation ($75/hour for meeting time)
We are retaining Michael B. Maine, Gavin Sullivan, and Pyramid Communications to work with us.
Please let me know if you are interested! We are hoping to get this team going on/around September 29, 2021.