Food Innovation Network
Food Innovation Network is hiring a new team member to coordinate its Tukwila Village Farmers Market and Namaste Farm Stand, and support other activities and events.
As a program of Global to Local, the Food Innovation Network (FIN) works with the community to create pathways for health, wealth, and success through food system revitalization and food business incubation in South King County.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating FIN’s community markets (Tukwila Village Farmers Market and farm stand at the Matt Griffin YMCA), and supporting community partnership, events, and other FIN activities. This is a part-time position with a variable schedule of 20-25 hours per week. There is potential for this position to transition to full-time depending on the availability of funding. This position reports to the FIN Program Director and works closely with other staff and community members.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate grower/vendors including arranging schedule, collecting market day sales, and processing reimbursement of EBT and incentive purchases.
- Serve farmers market customers by welcoming them, helping select products, collecting feedback, and processing sales transactions.
- Ensure the farmers market, stand, and all vendors abide by public health and safe food handling requirements.
- Process and track customer sales for the market manager booth, including cash, credit card, SNAP, SNAP Market Match, and other incentive programs.
- Order and track produce and supplies.
- Represent FIN in coalition work and coordinate with community partners on activities and events as needed.
- Coordinate special events and activities at the Food Hall and farmers market. Support communication, marketing, and community outreach needs related to FIN’s food access programs and special events and activities for the Food Hall.
Who We’re Looking For
G2L is dedicated to an equitable hiring process and recognizes the value of all forms of education and experience. As such, we encourage qualified applicants to apply regardless of informal or formal education.
- Please have at least 1 year of work experience in an office or retail setting. Cash handling or other retail transaction experience is highly desired.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects at once with careful attention to detail. We are looking for people with strong ability to problem-solve and prioritize independently.
- This position requires the ability to communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of internal and external clients. Ability to communicate in Spanish, Somali, other East African languages, or Vietnamese is a preferred but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel at an intermediate level is required. Familiarity with Google Drive is helpful but not required.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to safely drive a company-owned minivan.
- Ability to obtain a Washington State food worker card within one week of hire.
- South King County residents are strongly encouraged to apply!
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay range of $22.00-$26.00 per hour. Schedule may vary from 20-25 hours per week during the farmers market season (June – October). There is potential for this position to increase in hours, up to full-time, depending on the availability of funding.
Benefits for this position include Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, IRA program with company match, and access to the Employee Assistance Program. Additional benefits are available if the position changes to full-time.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to financial assets and regularly has unsupervised contact with members of the public, any final candidate for hire into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check before a final offer of employment will be made. A complete list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available at https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/default/files/bccu/documents/ListofCrimesPII.pdf
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk and hear. Close visual acuity to perform activities such as reading and viewing a computer monitor are required
This job is rated for Medium work, requiring the ability to lift or move up to 30 lbs. on occasion. During the market season this job will involve setup and tear down work, including but not limited to setting up and breaking down tents, moving tables, loading/unloading produce and supplies, and standing for extended periods of time. The farmers market regularly operates outdoors, rain or shine.
This position requires frequent travel within South King County during market season. The employee is required to possess an insurable drivers license and must be able to safely operate a company-owned vehicle for the purpose of transporting materials.
To apply online, go to https://g2l.applytojob.com/apply/ZyH9CVX0NT/FIN-Program-Coordinator