Renton Municipal Arts Commission
Deadlines: 7/10/2019 and 11/10/2019
The RMAC’s Special Projects grant program has two more funding cycles this year. The Special Projects grants are offered to individuals, organizations and community groups for arts and culture projects and events that serve the general public in Renton. These small and flexible grants are designed to create access for individuals and groups not served by RMAC’s annual Community Arts Support program. Those who receive funding must provide a public benefit.
Funds may be used to:
- Produce one-time performances, exhibits, special events or programs that bring arts or cultural experiences to Renton residents.
- Provide opportunities for independent artists to develop and present new work in all mediums.
- Improve arts and cultural opportunities for artists and audiences from diverse communities.
- Improve participatory and educational opportunities for youth, multicultural, senior, and special populations.
- Increase access to arts and cultural events by providing discount tickets and/or free educational programs.
Due to city, state, and federal laws, and established by Renton Arts Commission policies, the following are NOT eligible for funding:
- Projects that already have been completed.
- Religious services.
- Political events.
- For-profit projects.
- Capital construction projects.
- Cash awards to individuals.
- Projects exclusively or primarily benefiting the membership fo the organiztion or those which preclude reasonable access by the general public.
- Projects permanently located within privately owned facilities.
Projects must take place during 2019 and be completed by December 31, 2019. Invoices and final reports are due by December 31. Payment will be made at the end of the project.
You are encouraged to speak take a look at the guidelines first and then speak with a Renton Arts Commissioner to discuss your idea. Call 425-430-7271 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.