SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
This is a part-time, hourly position. The Education & Restoration Manager will be responsible for oversight of the Education and Restoration Programs at SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve. This includes leading groups of SHADOW volunteers in the field, guiding outdoor education programs, coordinating with local teachers and school districts, and some high-level planning of restoration activities.
The ideal candidate is driven and self-sufficient, with high emotional intelligence and a passion for environmental conservation.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule
• 20 hours/week
• $18 – $24/hour (Based on experience)
• 1-week paid vacation annually. 1-week of paid sick leave.
• SHADOW is closed to the public during last two weeks in December and first week of January.
• SHADOW’s Office is open Tuesday – Saturday. Some additional weekend and evening hours will be required with ample notice.
• Work in a calm, natural, peaceful setting at the 109-acre Nature Preserve.
• Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable transportation with current insurance are required. Position involves some local travel. Reimbursement is available for work related travel and parking expenses.
Location: SHADOW Lake Nature Preserve office is located at 21656 184th Avenue SE, Renton, WA 98058.
To be considered
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume in Word or PDF format.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
SHADOW is an equal opportunity employer. Criminal background screening and successful past employer reference checks will be conducted. SHADOW is an ‘at will’ employer.