Pacific Ballroom Dance
Dancing Classrooms Greater Seattle, a program operated by Pacific Ballroom Dance, is a social- emotional, arts education program that uses the art form of Ballroom Dance as a vehicle to teach important life skills like respect, tolerance, and teamwork to 5th & 8th grade students during their school day.
Typically, residencies are 10 weeks/20 lessons. Classes are taught 2 days per week, and are usually 45 minutes each. The classroom teacher or another member of school staff is always present during the lessons. Teaching Artists are considered Independent Contractors and contracts will include the teaching schedule per residency as outlined above as well as attendance and participation at meetings, a Culminating Event at the school, and possibly a semi-final and final competition that includes all participating schools. We are currently looking for Teaching Artists with very flexible weekday, daytime schedules.
Locations are spread throughout the Greater Seattle Area – from Edmonds to Gig Harbor. Salary is $750 per Classroom.
• Working with children in a learning environment and classroom management experience (arts programming instructor, camp counselor, Sunday School teacher, parent volunteer, etc.)
• Theatre, Dance or Music background – dance experience is not required but you must have rhythm & be comfortable picking out the beat in a song.
• Dependability • Confidence
• Comfortable taking the lead in a group setting
• Be willing to show flexibility, humor and compassion to those you teach & work with
• Dependable personal transportation
• Commitment to teaching a 10 week/20 lesson term both in the Fall (Oct-Jan) and Winter (Feb-Apr)
• Be available for blocks of time during the hours of 8am-3:30pm any week day.
• Mandatory Paid Training.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Roxanne Nielsen, Pacific Ballroom Dance Executive Director, at email@example.com or 1604 15th Street SW, #109; Auburn WA 98001.