Greater Kent Historical Society/Kent Museum
The Greater Kent Historical Society seeks a full-time Executive Director to oversee all Kent Museum operations and implement its 2022 – 2028 Strategic Plan. We are looking for an experienced, passionate and committed professional to lead the Kent Museum into the future. The Greater Kent Historical Society (GKHS), a non-profit Corporation, operates the Kent Museum in the Bereiter House and inspires the community to explore and discover their history. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
Job description: As you execute the six year Strategic Plan in collaboration with the board, you will be instrumental in building a new and better museum to serve Kent and the region. The Executive Director will:
- Cultivate an environment that enriches the visitor, employee, volunteer, and community experiences
- Advance DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) goals
- Be responsible for day-to-day museum operations, including oversight of staff and volunteers, public programming, exhibits, visitor and membership services, collections, and communications
- Manage revenue sources, budgets and provide or oversee grant writing and implementation
- Develop partnerships with individuals and community organizations
- Participate in community heritage and cultural activities
- Develop and deliver educational programming
- Keep a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required Qualifications:
- BA in Museology or related field with 4+ years museum experience
- Supervisory experience (museum supervisory preferred)
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with museum education, volunteer programs and an understanding of museum collections
- Criminal background check clearance
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, ability to work in an office and museum environment, travel within the community, navigate stairs and lift up to 20 lbs.
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000
Benefits: Health care negotiable, vacation and sick leave, professional development opportunities GKHS is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. Applications accepted until EOD Friday, July 15, 2022. For questions or a detailed job description, e-mail email@example.com.