Rolling application period: 7/1 – 12/31/2018
Snap Grants is a rolling grants program aimed at supporting small community groups and organizations producing projects or events with arts and culture as a primary or significant component.
Designed as an entry point into ArtsWA funding programs, the Snap Grants pilot program prioritizes:
- Applications from groups or organizations new to artsWA funding.
- Groups or organizations that have not been funded in the last three ArtsWA funding cycles (2015-2018).
- Applications that help reach ArtsWA’s organizational goals on social justice by ensuring that ArtsWA-funded activities and work are reflective of Washington’s diverse populations including cultural diversity, artistic disciplines, geographic locations, and underserved populations.
- Applications that demonstrate strong public benefit and feasibility.
Eligible groups will:
- Have an annual operating budget of less than $25,000.
- Produce projects or events that have arts and culture as a primary or significant component that are open to the public, and provide public benefit as defined by these guidelines.
- A minimum one-year history of arts and/or relevant programming that demonstrates the capacity to produce the proposed project or event.
- 501(c)3 status or fiscal sponsorship is NOT required but if you do receive a grant, the applicants must provide the authorizing official’s Social Security number or the organization’s federal tax ID number issued by the IRS for contracting purposes.
- Pre-applications will be accepted starting February 1, 2018.
- Application review and notifications between July 1 and December 31, 2018.
- Notification happens within 6-8 weeks.
- Funded projects mu7st be comple3ted by June 30, 2019.
- Payment will be made AFTER the funded project/proposal takes place.