Application deadline: 3/31/2020
Starfire Sports seeks proposals for a public art mural project. Mural artists are invited to submit a proposal for this exciting opportunity to provide a large-scale work of art to be displayed at Starfire’s campus. This will be the 1st mural project organized and funded by Starfire Sports.
One of the goals of Starfire Sports is to beautify and enhance our campus. It is our belief that murals provide art that is meaningful and enjoyable by the community. In addition, it is well known that murals draw visitors and the number and quality of murals in a community contribute toward increased tourism. Murals have a special power to tell a story about a community, and it is our belief that cultural projects such as Starfire Sports Mural Project, are not only unique public displays of art but play a fundamental role in contributing to the economic growth and development of our community.
MURAL SITE LOCATION AND SPECIFICS
The wall is about 51′ long by 4′ then jumping to about 8′. The artist will use their own discretion in determining how their design will fit on the wall. There is also space for an additional two murals, and we would be open to hearing ideas for how to best utilize the spaces following a site visit.
- For the theme we would like it to capture the spirit of our mission to promote inclusivity and the community we serve. This mural doesn’t need to be solely focused on soccer, but rather on the community and unity. The idea is to allow the artist to exercise their artistic prowess to create a truly one of a kind piece of art that is artistically engaging and sufficiently stimulating to ignite conversation, foster interaction, and evoke appreciation by the general public.
- Design a work that fits well within the context of the site.
- Use materials of the highest quality, designed and fabricated for durability and low maintenance and including the application of an anti-?graffiti protective coating/sealant.
- Complete the project within the specified period of time and within budget.
- Artist agrees to participate in any press/media related opportunities as they may arise including, but not limited to, print, TV, video, radio, etc.
- Artist must provide their own insurance for any aspect of creation, installation, exhibition, etc.
The Starfire Sports Design Committee will pre-select the top mural artist finalists. The following criteria will be used in the pre-?selection process:
- Project that will be well received and enjoyed by the overall population of our community.
- Quality/durability of product as exhibited by past work.
- Originality, creativity and uniqueness of proposed artwork.
We want this to be a mutually beneficial partnership and are open to negotiations on budget. This RFP seeks proposals inclusive of all costs associated with the mural, including, but not limited to, artist design fee, presentation mock up expenses, materials and equipment, scaffolding, installation labor, travel to and from the site, per diem expenses, project documentation, contingency to cover unexpected expenses and any other costs related to the mural.
The RFP is open to all artists or artist teams without preference to racial or ethnic origins, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disability. Artists must be 18 years of age or older to submit a proposal.
All proposal materials must be submitted by noon on Tuesday 3/31. For application form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org