Washington State Arts Commission
Application deadline: 9/22/2023
TAT Lab is a professional development course for people who work at the intersections of PreK-12 Youth x Arts x Education.
In this six-month program, participants explore learning plan design, learning frameworks, and teaching methods, with the goal to:
- Gain tools to elevate your teaching practice with learning plan design, fundamentals of Social Emotional Learning (SEL), WA State Arts Learning Standards, and more.
- Learn to create inclusive and culturally responsive classrooms that welcome every student.
- Track your impact with reflection and assessment practices.
- Join a vibrant state-wide community of peers in arts education.
Participants include Teaching artists, School-based arts specialists, Youth arts providers, Classroom teachers, and Culture-bearers. Participants live throughout Washington state, work in a wide variety of settings, and represent all artistic disciplines.
This year’s program with be primarily virtual with one in-person weekend (travel assistance is available for those outside King County).
Free Clock Hours are available.
Contact TATLab@PNB.org or call 206-441-2415 with any questions.
Join us for an information session (virtual) to learn more about TAT Lab and the application process!
- Saturday, August 26th at 2 PM – Register here
- Thursday, September 14th at 11 AM – Register here
- Tuesday, September 19th at 6 PM – Register here
These sessions are designed for both individual teachers seeking information about TAT Lab, and administrators who want to learn what TAT Lab can offer your faculty.
Click here to learn more and apply.