Wing Luke Museum
Open until filled
The Visitor Services and Events Assistant Manager manages the Facility Use program and Front of the House (FOH) operations. In addition, this position works with their peer supervisor, the Marketplace Assistant Manager, to complete Museum Services functions. The position, along with the Marketplace Assistant Manager, supervises the daily activities of the Museum Services team (referred to as staff) and works with the staff to develop goals to assist with employee development. The Visitor Services and Events Assistant Manager is part of the Museum Services Team and is a member of the Operations Department.
• Assist the Director of Museum Services in organizing and implementing museum strategies by coordinating operations at the FOH. This position will ensure that the customer is best served by monitoring the Museum Services (MS) Leads schedules, and ensuring appropriate tools are available to assist MS Leads with providing quality visitor care.
• Coordinate staff and communicate daily activities to the staff and monitor electronic communication channels.
• Conduct regularly scheduled Morning Meetings and weekly operations meetings to inform MS Leads and Education Guides regarding scheduled daily activities.
• Ensure that proper staff coverage is maintained throughout the day.
• Provide ongoing training to staff
• Prepare the museum for opening & closing and notify appropriate staff of updates/issues. Ensure cleanliness of public spaces.
• Working with the Director of Museum Services, this position is responsible for the Facility Use program, answering client inquiries, and maintaining the scheduling calendar.
• Sort mail and enter check payment info into the Check Log Database.
• Complete projects as assigned by the Director and delegation to MS Leads.
• Be an enthusiastic WLM ambassador!
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years of experience in customer service, event management, retail, concierge, hospitality, or equivalent with one year of supervising experience.
• Exceptional skills for helping and assisting others and genuine care in working with the public.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with accountability of project schedules from start to finish. This includes excellent attention to detail and strong proficiency with MS Office, various computer software programs, and other online, cloud-based project management and collaboration tools.
• Must be dependable, responsible, punctual, and have self-initiative.
• Work well independently, in a professional team setting, and with strong verbal communication, and public speaking skills.
• Ability to understand problems, think critically, and identify creative solutions.
• Have a flexible schedule.
• Friendly, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with a diverse group of staff and visitors.
• Bilingual and multilingual skills valued.
To Apply (no phone calls, please): Please e-mail letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org